Press brief & Invite
You are cordially invited on 19th Feb 2012 between 7:00 to 9:30am at India Gate to render your support & watch the Runners in the National Indian Open Marathon running with the message
Bring Yamuna River Back To Delhi – Braj Vrindavan – Gokul to observe the
Theme: Save our Rivers
Main attraction on the D – Day –
· 19 Feb 2012 – Indian Open Mawana Marathon (21km & 42km distance), New Delhi Flag off time 7:30am from India Gate, Tilak Marg.
· On 19th we are launching this campaign through Runners. They will spread the message and will become our mobile Ambassadors through out the year.
Reporting time for the team at India Gate – 7:00AM
Sunita Godara, (1992 Asian Marathon Gold Medalist) and Director Health Fitness Trust is coordinating a big team of 200 Runners participating in the National Marathon to be held in Delhi on 19th Feb at India Gate organized by Mawana Sugars Company.
In this Marathon many top Runners are trying to qualify for upcoming Olympics in London. Former Asian Marathon champion has networking with various groups of Marathon Runners (Elite Indian Runners from Army, Police, BSF, Railways and regular local runners from HFT Marathon club from Delhi /NCR).
Marathon Team comprising of 50 Top Indian Elite Marathon Runners from all over India and 150 HFT Marathon Club Runners including Veteran National Winners are going to spread the message – “Save our Rivers”.
Health Fitness Trust “Stree Shakti Kendra” Center for community development is joining the campaign with 80 women in this Marathon.
Coordinator of the Runner’s Team
Ms Sunita Godara (1992 Asian Marathon Gold Medalist with Record of 2:43 for 42km; 1:16min for 21km; 35:45sec for 10km) NIS qualified Coach.
Sunita Godara – 9811139985 ; 9213396634 email – email@example.com
AIMS and OBJECTIVES of the campaign:
· To bring Healthy Environment, Create Running Culture and healthy lifestyle. We need safe & clean Rivers for our planet’s health.
· About 8 crore people visit Braj Vrindavan & Gokul for religious pursuits and they are not able to take a sip of this religiously important River!
· We support the stand for bringing Back Rivers to its people, wildlife and Ecology. We would like to spread this message through out the country.
· We Campaign for Adequate natural fresh waters to flow through the entire stretch of Yamuna River. This shall dilute its uncontrolled pollution and bring back the original river back to its people, wildlife and ecology.
· The participants would know more about the issue “ Save Rivers” because we will encourage them to do net surfing on the issues & Solutions of our Rivers including Yamuna and also SIGN Petition At……. www.SaveYamuna.org
· Our Campaign aims to help and make the difference!
TEAM – COORDINATOR’S PROFILE
SUNITA GODARA has been a celebrated pioneer woman marathoner of the country, with a string of international achievements, medals and Asian wins in the marathon as well as distance running to her credit. She is also a fitness, yoga and athletics expert and trainer with several health and fitness related programs under her belt.
As an eminent international athlete marathoner of repute (76 Full marathons run till date with 25 Golds, 12 Silvers & 13 Bronzes and also 123 half Marathons across the globe in 26 countries and a total of 110,000 Kms covered in training). She has a personal best marathon time of 2 hrs 43 min 33 seconds, clocked in Paris Marathon in 1993.
Sunita started her Marathon carrier with the same Delhi Rath marathon then which is now Mawana Sugars Indian Open Marathon and became the National Marathon Champion way back in 1984. She participated in the 1985 Boston and 1990 London Marathons.
In this grueling 42.2 Km after winning Rath Delhi marathon in India she went on to win international marathons especially in Asia in Bangkok, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Japan.
Among her illustrious achievements in the past have been the Gold Medal in the 3rd Asian Marathon 1992 in Indonesia and the Bronze Medal in the 6th Asian Marathon Championship 1998 in Bangkok. She won the famous Penang Int’l marathon of Malaysia in 1989 -1991 and also the Egyptian Int’l Marathon 1992-1994 for three years in a row.
Sunita clocked 2:48 with 5th position in the Melbourne marathon 1992 in Australia where Olympics trail held for five countries. She secured position among top ten overall women in Las Vegas, Polland, Belgrade, Italy, Paris marathon and Australia – Melbourne Marathon (5th Position), Holland Marathon 3rd Position in 1993.
Sunita Godara is coordinating Indian Elite Marathoners with Procam in Bangalore World 10km, Airtel Delhi half Marathon and Mumbai Marathon since 2005.
She is involved with other Marathons organized by Sports 18 in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chandigarh. Recently in the moth of Jan 2012 she received a “Sports Award for outstanding achievements” from Jaipur Marathon organizers.
Asian Marathon Champion 1992
Director-Health Fitness Trust
President-Health Fitness Society
Mob: +91-9811139985 , +91-9213396634
Please find Event photos on the link below: